Why You Should Have A Photo Of Yourself

*Personal Branding
I am Thompson, I so much believe in personalizing business. Few days ago me and some friends where in the office discussing about personal branding, that its vital to your business, we live in a world where faceless mammoth corporations that you can’t really compete with on price. What is a small business owner to do??


well, we need to stay put on our strengths because our strength is ourselves. 

So, show yourself. Make sure you post a photo of yourself on the social media / website. Let your potential clients see the person they will be contracting!
This is my most often used profile picture. I love it because I am really smiling and showcasing my career.

Credit shot to wonderful friend, Inyang 

Why You Need A Photo Of Yourself

Recognition:
When you meet a colleague or potential client, they can recognize you as soon as they meet you, that is a win. Here there’s a sense of familiarity instantly, as such you’ve already jumped one hurdle in making them comfortable with you. Trust and Comfort are huge when it comes to the part of  portrait photography (and many other businesses!), so it is advisable  to find all the ways you can to build that image before you even meet! If they aren’t even sure of  who the photographer is, that is because they have never seen your face before, well, that’s not an ultimate situation.

Familiarity:
If you have try to put some of your personality or profession into the image, they will get a sense that they know you. They don’t just know who you look like, but what you will to be like in person. I get emails from people who tell me that they believe my personalities and ideas will mesh with theirs, cos they feel like they know a little about who I am. I have never met with them, or talked with them, but they already like me. As a professional photographer that is immeasurably treasured. I want people who I will connect with, because my experience  meeting them and final product will be far far better. that it is.

Decreased likelihood of anger:
It’s far easier to get annoyed with a faceless entity than a human being. That’s one reason only emails And text messages are very dangerous in dealing with emotional issues. This will be a post for another day. If people know exactly who you are, and what you claim you look like, they are more likely to treat you like a human entity with feelings than just as an organization and company. We all know organization or company don’t have feelings, but people do. So prove to them that you are a person.


Before I close my laptop let me intimate you about what Facebook can do to my touring.

Some evening in 2015, I sign in to Facebook to return to some friends messages. The first thing that impress my eyes was this amazing picture of an Australian friend basking in Vietnam’s sun with the landscape of Ha Long Bay. It never occur to me that Vietnam was that wonderful and beautiful and as soon as she updated me enough information about her holiday, I  booked over a month’s long holiday to Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, and Vietnam via my tour company. I figured, why I should go all the way to see one country when it’s so affordable to see a combination of four?

No comments:

Post a Comment