STARTING A PHOTOGRAPHY BUSINESS IN NIGERIA


I will not show you the distance I will take you there, I will not only show you how to start I will start it for you, is that not what you want?
Starting photography business in Nigeria is hard, it has many pitfalls and few opportunities.
If you are brave and reading to start this business, I will recommend you to read on 5 things before you become a professional photographer.
So many time my friends will ask me, how did you start you photography business, what does it involved?
Photography business is a big-time business,
I hit my first million in photography, to start the business you need adequate knowledge to start it.
Before you start photography and videography business here are vital things you have to understand.

PASSION
Passion is everything. Passion is what gives you are pass to start photography business. Do you really want to start carrying camera?
When I started photography business dad called me and ask son do you want to end in life as a photographer, I replied, yes dad, he said you are not serious, I send you to school to study computer, and you refuse to apply in one of the telecommunication in Nigeria and Oil Company. But you choose to go to photography. I told dad that’s what I want to do and become in life, friend few week letter I have a contract to cover a wedding event, my life become beautiful… hmmm let’s not go there.  I package something to my dad in a white envelope, dad was so excited, that his my son, he blessed me.
Friend I am still doing the media business I have a magazine (Executive Magazine) that I published my event… yes this is born out of passion.
If there is no passion this is no vision, if the is no vision there is no mission, is there is no mission this is no fulfillment of purpose in life.  I am a purpose fulfilled person; I am so excited to tell you that if you have the passion you few moments your life will change drastically to the one you have been reading here, watching in movies and even dreaming of, yes I can guarantee you. There next this is plans.

CHOOSE YOUR FIELD
Many photographers fail in business because the happen to do what they don’t have knowledge of. Zeal without knowledge is a disaster in disguise. My dear upcoming photographer what many photographers will not tell you is that, photography is a wide field, example, event photography, movie photography portrait photography photo journalism, landscape photography, building photography, animal photography, fruit photography, modeling photography, etc. choose the area you know you can deliver and make money. Don’t become jack of trade master of none. Friend every photography field has its own way of making money. Attend my School of PhotoMillions to learn which field you will be good at and have me coach you one on one.

GET A BUSINESS NAME
Your business name is you brand, when the need a photographer they think about your name, a wise man once said that is you don’t have a business name at age 25, you are a failure. Think and pray about a name that will register on people minds. I like to advice my student when you are coming up with a business name, make it simple and straight, ex; PhotoMillions, ImageFaculty, Glo, MTN, Mobil etc. get your name register in CAC.

YOU DON’T REALLY NEED MONEY TO START
I started my business without money and a camera, I heard that a friend of mind wants to do a wedding, I talked to him and told him to give me the event to cover, he gave me the advance payment, I used the money and rented a camera for the job the remaining money for the postproduction. Yes that how I started my photography business. On delivery i collected him the balance as my income. That’s how I roll. But today I have my own camera and a studio.
If you have the money good for you. What do you really need?
1.       Camera
2.       Computer system with a good software
3.       Printer
4.       Studio (depending if you want to do a studio shoots)

START IT TODAY
I have seen so many people who start and success. Every great empire starts small…
Delay is a denial. Is you need any information on how to get is done as I said you can contact me  

-PhotoMillions



No comments:

Post a Comment