Tips to Improve Your Photo Shoot in 4 Minutes

Hi, I am Thompson! I’m a photographer. I’m absolute passionate with photography and business  and enjoy sharing it with great folks like yourself. When I am not writing or shooting, you can find me eating, hanging out and talking with great people.


Yes, at this point I’m coming again to set a pace and also do few important things that will change the aspect of you camera operation. Trust me I will do exactly.

Once the deal is signed I do research on the person/location I will be shooting, the more you know this, the more equipped you are and the more you recognize who/where you will be working with.

I try to make sure I have all I need for the photo shoot ahead of time, check my equipment using a check-list which gets packed if I am not going shooting at my location. Having all assistants for the shoot is very important and I also double check with everybody confirming dates and times of shoots. 

If you think like me when you are shooting a wedding event or portrait photos, you probably do not have enough time to take a 5 minutes break in the mid of the shoots to check and focus on photography.

That might sound stupid right? I mean, you are really busy in the middle of a job, all you have to do is to be taking photos, right?
Well, often times the task of interacting with the costumer takes priority and you end up forgetting those techniques you were planning over the night before, or whenever you actually had time thinking about your work last.

To ensure that you're mentally prepared for shooting, start taking a step. These little steps can result in a wonderful improvement in your work, and the experience of your photo shoot.

ARRIVE ON TIME
Make sure you get to the location or venue earlier than your clients. Sometimes the locations may change since you scouted – and the light will be different, areas will be closed, formerly beautiful leaves may now be on ground, etc. Doing this early will allow you one final look around the location and venue to make sure you are familiar with your position and to relax a little before you dive in.

KNOW YOUR CLIENT
Take your time to rehearse the customer’s’ names to make sure you get it right during the photo shoot. I don’t know how to put this so that you understand the importance of it. Know your customer’s’ names. It’s also important to know their side story, while they are getting their photos shot taken

TAKE YOUR TIME
Finally, take few minutes silently thinking about what you would like to achieve with this shoot, new methods you would like to try, and areas you will like to focus on for great improvement. This is critical for allowing you to get into the right frame mind for your shoot.
It takes a much of mental effort to photograph people well, and ensuring that you are absolutely engaged in the task ahead will go extremely far in creating the best pictures you can, as well as providing the best skill for your customer.

These all might be like overkill to just take some portraits, but I strongly think you will find that if you spend just a bit of time before each photo shoot thinking about photography and your customers that you will enjoy the shoot so much more and more.
You will also feel more assured and relaxed, which will always translates to a greater experience for your subjects.

What do you really do before a photo shoot to get into the right frame of mind?

Cheers
Think of me as your photo friend – I am here to help you take great photos, and have lots of fun together while you are at it. Come, get to know me, and read me crazy story about how I became a great photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment