ON THE WEDDING DAY


ON THE WEDDING DAY  - Photographers' tips
THE BE-YOU-TIFUL DAY
"When I was younger I hated caterpillars but as I grew up to an adult, I love the butterflies. I guess that is why I really love her very much. She gives me butterfly.
Sometime what I see right in front of my eye through my lens all the time I shot or film a beautiful wedding event. All what it takes is that 1st brave move and an open heart to see what would be possible!"
"Your vibe attracts your tribe. They are both raw, uninhibited and passionate. Both illuminating their own worlds unaware of each other's existence till the day he says I do, love fills the room, joy and excitement spring... Yes all this happens in a wedding event."
 
The party begins... Amid a madness called life, you can't help but smile when you see the two who kept coming back to each other as if they had always magnetically belonged together.

Love is beautiful.

Let me get back to work that’s how I feel about wedding, I'm always excited to be the official photographer of the day. Yes, it worth excitement.

Hey friend, I am Thompson, I’m a photographer and the head of PhotoMillions Crew, a professional event photographer, I will share with you some basic things you have to know, how I wish I knew what I want to tell now before I started my photography business...

PEOPLE ARE READING ON: BEFORE THE WEDDING DAY

The Beautiful Ceremony

On this day what I do is to make sure I arrived the wedding event center early.
When you arrive the venue of the wedding, start by taking outdoor venue shots. Here in Nigeria, you don’t know what will happen next to the weather. You can take a shot of some key building and settings with or without people, just to keep them for wedding storytelling.

After getting the outdoors the next thing is to check for your white balance on your camera as soon as you enter indoors;

Get this professional tips:

 Camera Sound:
Turn off your camera sounds; as such your camera will not make noise during the wedding ceremony.
Lighting + Exposure:
Indoor lighting especially at churches and at the reception halls is notoriously dim and poor. Be prepared with a fast camera lens (f /2.8 minimum – f/1.8 to be preferred). The faster, the better. Rent it, if you do not have one.

Camera Positioning:
When you get to any place of worship, have a good understanding of off-limits. Where you can go and what locations to position your camera. Some worship center doesn’t encourage flash, but you can also ask.

Have a Crew:
I call it crew, not really assistant, to make them know that they are really working towards making the project a success. Get a crew. You can get a backup in case of any shot that you can’t get at a time, they will help set up shots, also they can be carrying other equipment like hold detachable camera flash, and more. What If you are working for a 6-8 hour wedding event, physically there will be an effect on you. Building a team will ease the stress and burden on you and give you a better photographs and documentary.

PEOPLE ARE READING ON: BEFORE THE WEDDING DAY 

Document the Guest:
If you have a little break from the couple shoot, start shooting the guest early in case they want to leave early. Appear into the audience and try to capture beautiful moment of people when they are happy, relaxed, emotional, etc.

Be Security Conscious:
For all your camera equipment should be kept in a place not accessible to strangers and if you came with a camera bag, lock it down or have your team mate to carry it. It’s a deterrent from theft. You may enjoy yourself shooting the couple and the whole event, but you never can understands what calibers of friends and family or the guest at the wedding venue.
Memory Back Up:
I have to say this here, but when you get to “After the Wedding Ceremony” I will ponder on it again, Never, Never ever reformat a memory card at the venue of the wedding event. This is where backup memory cared is so important, it’s only after the wedding event that you check everything you do are on your computer or external backed up before reformatting the memory cards.



Order of photos:
This is one of the sole reason you were paid to shot the event, it a time to capture the beautiful moment of the couple with family, friends and collogues - group photograph.  It also a great opportunity to sale the wedding pictures to others in attendance.
Note If the wedding event and reception are indoors, try to make sure that you take the shots of the bride and groom outside. - Even if it’s nighttime.

Visit this site next week to know what to do for your client so he/she can call you again after the first business contact with him/her: AFTER THE WEDDING EVENT


No comments:

Post a Comment